Please note the following information regarding the Sale of China Guardian Hong Kong 2017 Autumn Auctions:
Fine Chinese Ceramics And Works Of Art
- Lot 49 A Green-Glazed Lotus-Form Vessel, Northern Song Dynasty (AD 960─1127), please note that the correct dating and title should be read as “A Rare Green-glazed Lotus Back Support, Northern Dynasties”.
- Lot 165 A Yellow Ground Famille Rose Scraffiatto-Ground ‘Landscape’ Bowl, Daoguang Six-Character Mark and of the period (1821-1850), please note that the provenance of this lot should read as “Sotheby's New York, 14th September 2011, lot 202 (one of two)”.
- Lot 173 A Famille Rose ‘Dragon and Phoenix’ Vase, Jiaqing Six-Character Mark, Guangxu Period, please note that there is an additional condition report: Part of the foot rim was damaged and re-stuck.
- Lot 288 A Cloisonne Enamel Bottle Vase, Qing Dynasty, 18th Century, please note that the correct dating should be read as “Ming Dynasty (1368-1644)”.
Virtue & Purity—A Selection of Fine Chinese Jade Carvings
- Lot 411 A Pale Celadon Jade Twin Horse Group (Tang Dynasty (AD 618 - 907) is withdrawn.
- Lot 426 A Rare and Finely Carved Large Green Jade Buffalo material should be A Pale Celadon Jade
- Lot 439 A White Jade Carving of a Duck (Qing Dynasty, 18th Century) is withdrawn.
Chinese Bronzes in the Collection of Chu’s Jiu Ru Yuan
- In this special sale catalogue, for all the literature information listed in the book, “The Legacy of Chu Chong-yee: Ancient Chinese Bronzes in the Jiu Ru Yuan Collection”, the author should be read as “Mr. Peng Shifan”. It will be applied to the following lots: Lot 589, Lot 590, Lot 591, Lot 592, Lot 593, Lot 594, Lot 595, Lot 596, Lot 597, Lot 598, Lot 599, Lot 600, Lot 601, Lot 602, Lot 603, Lot 604, Lot 605, Lot 606, Lot 607, Lot 608, Lot 612, Lot 613, Lot 614, Lot 616, Lot 617, Lot 621.
- Lot 603 AN INSCRIBED GILT BRONZE WINE VESSEL, FANGHU, Western Han Dynasty (202 BC-AD 8) is withdrawn since the consignor donated this piece to the Shanghai Museum.
- Lot 618 THREE BRONZE DAGGER AXES, YUAN, Warring States Period (475-221 BC), please note that the correct dating should be read as “Shang Dynasty to Western Zhou Dynasty”.
- Lot 619 THREE BRONZE DAGGER AXES, GE, Warring States Period (475-221 BC), please note that the correct dating should be read as “Spring and Autumn Period to Warring States Period”.
The Lana Cheung and Jim Kinoshita Collection of Chinese art
- Lot 690 A LARGE PAIR OF HUANGHUALI AND ROSEWOOD STORAGE CHESTS, YIXIANG, 17th/18th Century, please note that the correct estimate should be read as “HKD 150,000-200,000”.
- Lot 691 A LARGE HUANGHUALI, HONGMU AND SOFTWOOD DISPLAY CABINET, LIANGGEGUI, 18th/19th Century, please note that the correct estimate should be read as “HKD 50,000-70,000”.
- Lot 692 A LARGE JUMU THREE-RAILING DAY BED, LUOHAN CHUANG, Qing Dynasty, please note that the correct wood material should be read as Zhazhenmu.
- Lot 693 A HUANGHUALI AND ROSEWOOD SQUARE KANG TABLE, Qing Dynasty, please note that the correct estimate should be read as “HKD 20,000-30,000”.
Asian 20th Century and Contemporary Art
- Lot 796 Shiy De-jinn Riverside has one more literature: 1994, The Commemorative Collection of Shiy-Dejinn III, Ink Paintings, National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts, p.338
- Lot 811 Ju Ming Living World Series, the low estimate is adjusted to HKD120,000
- Lot 841 Wang Yi Dong Flower Season Like Water (Set of 8 Pieces), the size should be 40×30cm×8
Wooden Elegance - Classical Furniture from the Collection of Lu Ban Zhuang in Singapore
- Lot 1025 Middle Qing Period ‘HUANGHUALI AND BURLWOOD ROUND - CORNER CABINET’, the estimate should be HKD 600,000 - 900,000.
Classical Chinese Paintings and Calligraphy
- Size of Lot 1182 should be 99 X 41.5cm
- Publication is updated. Please refers to Chinese text
- Size of Lot 1258 should be 128 X 58cm
- Lot 1251 ‘Country Life ’ by Du Heng, the estimate should be HKD 1,000,000-1,500,000
- Lot 1275 ‘Calligraphy’ by Li Jian, Lot 1313 ‘Five Character Couplet in running -script ’ by Weng Tonghe , are withdrawn
- Lot 1267 has additional publication. Please refers to Chinese text
Chinese Paintings and Calligraphy
- Lot 1505 ‘Flowers’ by Lai Shaoqi has an additional publication. Please refers to Chinese text.
- Lot 1542 ‘Lotus’ by Wu Hufan has additional publication. Please refers to Chinese text.
- Lot 1550 ,Lot 1551, Lot 1599, Lot 1600 , Lot 1631 are withdrawn.
- Lot 1594 ‘Figures and Landscape in Four Screens’ by Huang Junbi has additional provenance. Please refers to Chinese text.
- The publication of Lot 1612 ‘Selling Paintings’ by Feng Zikai is cancelled.
- Lot 1613 ‘Figure and Plum’ and Lot 1614 ‘Granes’ by Huang Yongyu have additional provenance. Please refers to Chinese text.
- Lot 1729 “Night”by Lou Bai’an has additional publication and exhibition. Please refers to Chinese text.
Important Jewels & Watches
- Lot 1894: Please note that the low estimate of this lot should be hkd$160,000, not hkd$140,000 as stated in the catalogue
- Lot 1895: Please note that the low estimate of this lot should be hkd$140,000, not hkd$160,000 as stated in the catalogue
- Lot 1969: Please note that this lot should be blue topaz gem-set and diamond necklace, not aquamarine gem-set and diamond necklace as stated in the catalogue
- Lot 1980: Please note that this lot has been withdrawn from the sale