Please note the following information regarding the Sale of China Guardian Hong Kong Autumn Auctions 2019:
“Ancient Chinese Ceramics from the Tang to The Song Dynasty”
- Lot 203 NORTHERN SONG - JIN DYNASTY (AD 960-1234)，A RARE SMALL JUN GREEN-GLAZED TRIPOD CENSER，withdrew from the sale of “Ancient Chinese Ceramics from the Tang to The Song Dynasty”
- Lot 205 JIN - YUAN DYNASTY (1127-1368)，A SMALL JUN BLUE-GLAZED TRIPOD CENSER，withdrew from the sale of “Ancient Chinese Ceramics from the Tang to The Song Dynasty”
- Lot 169 Sui to Early Tang Dynasty,7th Century, A Rare White-glazed Seated Figure of a Lion, the following provenance should be added: Yamanaka & Co. collection, literature should be added: Chinese Ceramic Art, Bronze, Jade, etc，Yamanaka & Co.,London，London，1937
“Fine Chinese Ceramics and Works of Art”
- Lot 250, the following provenance should be added: Luis Esteves Fernandes (1897-1988) collection
- Lot 339 the following provenance should be added: Christie’s South Kensington, 13 May 2011, lot 1380
- Lot 365 the following provenance should be added: Sotheby's London, 11 May 2011, lot 276
- Lot 325 The Chinese title should be‘朱泥高潘壺’
- Lot 332 The Chinese title should be: ‘清康熙· 青花仕女茶盞連托四套’
- Lot 334 The Chinese title should be: ‘清康熙• 青花山水人物茶盞連托四套’
- Lot 501 Qing Dynasty, A Bronze Incense Burner wide should be 10.2cm.
- Lot 635 should be Western Zhou Dynasty, A Celadon Jade ‘Taotie’Pendant and a Celadon Jade ‘Bird’Pendant, Estimate: HKD 80,000-120,000
- Lot 636 should be Western Zhou Dynasty, A Yellow Jade Disc Huan, Estimate: HKD 40,000-60,000
- Lot 663 should be Yuan Dynasty, A White Jade ‘Dragon and Phoenix’ Pendant, Estimate: HKD 80,000-120,000
- Lot 664 should be Yuan Dynasty, A White Jade Carving of a Mythical Beast, Estimate: HKD 120,000-180,000
- Lot 549 Northern Wei Dynasty, A Pair of Gilt Broonze ‘Taotie’Ring Handles, Estimate should be: HKD 75,000-95,000
“Exquisite Beauty of Archaic Jade Carvings from a San Francisco Private Collection II”
- Lot 860 Han Dynasty， An Archaic Jade Coiled ‘Chilong’ Pendant, Huan, the condition should be ‘tiny restoration’
- Lot 866 Yuan Dynasty，A Reticulated Celadon Jade ‘Chilong’ disc, Bi, the condition should be ‘tiny restoration’
“Asian 20th Century and Contemporary Art”
- The estimate of Lot 8 Chip & Dale by Reach should be HKD 1,800–2,800.
- Lot 36 Pumpkins and Fruits by Yayoi Kusama is withdrawn.
- The dating of Lot 74 Lotus by Ting Yingyung should be 1969.
- Lot 78 Drunken Concubine by Guan Liang has a literature record: 1 Jun 1979, Artist Issue No. 8, Artist Publishing, Hong Kong, p. 14
“Important Collections of Fine Chinese Paintings and Calligraphy from Asia”
- The size of Lot 1239 ‘ Scholar and Plum Blossoms’ by Wang Zhen should be read 90.8x48cm
- The size of Lot 1245 ‘ Ink Crabs’ by Qi Baishi should be read poetry hall: 16.5x28.5 cm, painting: 33.4 x 28.5 cm.
- The size of Lot 1286 ‘ Calligraphy in Seal Script’ by Liang Qichao should be read 31.7 x 26.4 cm.
- Lot 1291 ‘ Calligraphy in Running Script’ by Weng Tonghe is withdrawn.
- The size of Lot 1294 ‘ Calligraphy in Running Script’ by Yong Xing should be read 26 x 31.2 cm.
- The estimate of Lot 1356 ‘Literati Boating’ by Zhang Daqian should be read HKD 350,000-550,000.
“Fine Chinese Paintings and Calligraphy”
- The size of Lot 1427 ‘Calligraphy in Running Script’ by Pu Ru should be read 69 x 34 cm.
- The image of Lot 1436 ‘Chinese Opera Figure’ by Guan Liang in the catalog has been incorrectly represented.
- The material of Lot 1464 ‘Horses’ by Pu Quan should be ink and colour on silk.
- The size of Lot 1628 ‘ Scholar under Pine Tree’ by Sun Qiantai should be read 99.5 x 53.5 cm.
- Lot 1631‘Figures in Landscapes’ by Jin Nong has additional publication, refer to Chinese text.
- The Lot 1634 ‘Landscape’ by Zhang Yu (ATT.) is withdrawn.
- The Lot name of Lot 1757 by Zhao Shao’ang should be read ‘Birds and Insects’ .
- The size of Lot 1802 ‘ Calligraphy after Mi Fu’ by Emperor Kang Xi should be read 118.5x36 cm.
“Important Jewels and Jadeite”
THERE IS A CHANGE IN THE CHINESE TITLE, MEANWHILE THE ENGLISH TITLE REMAINS THE SAME.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CLARITY OF THIS LOT IS VS1, NOT VS2 AS STATED IN THE CATALOGUE.